We are trying an experiment with a multiplayer sandbox game, Minecraft. We have a private (whitelisted) world you can join, wander around in, build things, raise cows, fight zombies, and hang out with the other players.
To join you will need the Minecraft client, specifically Minecraft Java Edition. You can get a free trial or just go ahead and buy it for $26.95. (Note that we are not affiliated with the makers of Minecraft.)
Once you have the client installed, you can play all by yourself on your own private world inside your PC, but the real fun starts when you connect to a multiplayer server. That’s where this experiment comes in.
First, reach out to give us your Minecraft username so we can whitelist you for access to the server. Here are some options for that:
- Join Discord Server and post in the #username channel.
- Join Facebook Group and introduce yourself.
- Use our Contact Us page to reach out directly.
Once whitelisted, here is how to join our multiplayer world:
- Run Minecraft and click Play.
- Click on Multiplayer
- Click Add Server
- In the Server Name enter Gaia, in the Server Address enter mc.ChurchOfTheEarthNC.org, and press Done.
- You will now see Gaia in your list of servers. Click it to select it and then click Join Server.
- Next time you play Minecraft, Gaia will still be there, so you won’t have to add it again.
See you there!