If you are in need of any of the following resources, we encourage you to use the contact information below. If you would like to help out, we always encourage donations to the Food Bank of Central & Eastern North Carolina. If we have missed a critical service that you believe we should add to this resource list, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with details.
Meal and Food Assistance
- Free Meals For Children (see meal distribution sites by county)
or text FOODNC to 877-877
- Home-Delivered Meal Provider Directory | N.C. Division of Aging & Adult Services
- Food Bank of Central & Eastern North Carolina
1924 Capital Boulevard, Raleigh, NC 27604 | 919-875-0707
Financial Assistance and Support
- Financial Assistance for Emergency Child Care | N.C. Dept. of Health & Human Services
919-814-6300 | 1-888-600-1685
- Financial Support for Unemployed Individuals | N.C. Department of Employment Security
NOTE: DES has now received official guidance on how to implement the unemployment programs of the Federal CARES Act and is working to modify their systems accordingly.
- Financial Support for Businesses | N.C. Department of Commerce
Crisis and Mental Health Support
- National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-7233
- Interact of Wake County | Domestic Violence & Sexual Assault Crisis Aid | 919-828-7740
- National Suicide Prevention Hotline: 1-800-273-8255 – Press ‘1’ for Vets/Military
- For LGBTQ Youths In Crisis: The Trevor Project | 1-866-488-7386
The following two locations offer in-person services for mental health crises, with costs covered under Alliance Medicaid and uninsured individuals who meet eligibility criteria. Clients with private insurance can pay an out-of-pocket fee.
- Wake County Behavioral Health Urgent Care (Raleigh) | (919) 703-2845
- Carolina Outreach Behavioral Health Urgent Care (Durham) | 919-251-9009 | 1-844-866-1166