Description: Rosemary (Rosmarinus officinalis) is an evergreen shrub that is native to the lands surrounding the Mediterranean Sea, but can now be found in gardens globally. It has narrow, needle-like leaves that are dark green on top and whitish underneath. Its flowers can be either white or pale blue. It was a sacred herb to both the Greeks and Egyptians.
Astrology: Ruled by Leo, Sun in Aries, also associated with the Moon
Associated Deities: Aphrodite and Hebe
Safety: Rosemary is poisonous if taken in large quantities. Do not use essential oil if pregnant or suffering from epilepsy.
Parts Used: Leaves, roots, flowers
- Rosemary can be used as a substitute for ANY herb in ANY spell, so it is a must-have for your herbal tool kit.
- Burn rosemary for cleansing an area of harmful energy, dream work, healing, love, protection, remembrance, remembering past lives.
- Bathe with rosemary for cleansing, purification, and to be memorable to others.
- Use rosemary-infused water to purify sacred area or tools.
- Use rosemary in a hand-fasting ceremony to symbolize love and loyalty.
- Put in a sachet for healing and love.
- Use in spells to dispel jealousy, or to boost fidelity and/or memory.
- To attract love to your home, bind three sprigs of rosemary in red ribbon and place it under your doormat.
- To attract or to keep love in your bedroom, place three bound sprigs of rosemary between your mattress and box springs.
- Carry a twig to ward off the evil eye.
(Talk to your doctor before trying any of these, and do not use if pregnant or epileptic.)
- Rosemary tea is good for enhancing memory, boosts immune system, improves blood circulation, and helpful for indigestion.
- Rosemary oil massaged into the skin increases blood circulation, and relieves aches and pains.